Outside the Box

Welcome to Outside the Box. This blog is all about the my life and thoughts. Whether or not you agree with anything I have to say is your right but please respect my rights to exercise my freedom of speech. Thanks and enjoy

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilmington, North Carolina, United States

Hello and welcome to my blog. I"m learning to love life and become a better person.

Sunday, March 08, 2009

The Epic War between the Elephants and Donkeys

As I have been watching the recent events since the 2009 elections I've been fascinated with the continual onslaught against the democratic party. It seems to be that the republicans are finding any and all reason to fight against the changes proposed by President Obama.

I suppose the most pressing thought on my mind is the republican reaction to the new stimulus package. Before the bill was put into motion the instant rejection of this plan was evident. The biggest question I have is why can they not propose contructive critisism and ways to improve this bill (WITHOUT the use of pork barrel spending) rather that the continuous "It's not going to work" summation. The republican party had their chance when they supported President Bush's stimulus package the prevous year. Sadly it did not yield positive results and it seems the republicans are worried about looking bad. I say give the bill a chance to work before being so pessimistic. Then, if it does not work, then you can say what you want. Meanwhile, if the stimulus package does work then the repubicans will really look like fools in the public's eye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home